The league will consist of 18 two person teams. A $45 league fee will be due on or before the first league night, which will be on April 23rd, 2014. Please read the league rules and format as they will answer most questions.
Schedule: The league will consist of 19 play dates starting on April 23rd and ending on Aug 27th.
Tee Times: The league tee times will be between 4:00 – 6:00 PM Wednesday evenings.
Rainouts: The golf shop will declare all rainouts. Teams will be expected to play unless weather causes the course to close. If a rainout occurs that week will be lost and the matches will not be rescheduled.
Substitutes: Obtaining a sub is the responsibility of the league player. The golf staff at Indian Hills is not required or responsible for finding a player a sub. A sub list with phone numbers and email addresses will be made available to league players.
Handicaps: All players will eventually establish a league handicap. Handicaps will be calculated by using the player’s five most current league scores. The highest and lowest score will be tossed out. The three remaining scores will be used to calculate the player’s handicap
Scoring: There will be a total of 12 points available in each match. Points are earned as follows.
- Each team earns 1 point per player for playing their match (2 points total, 2 point per team available)
- Individual match – winning player earns 2 points for his team (2 matches 4 points available)
- Team match – winning team earns 4 points (4 points available)
The minimum amount of points a team can earn is 2 for showing up to play and not winning any matches. The maximum amount of points a team can earn is 10.
Matches: Individual Matches
- Each teams low handicap player will play each other net match play
- Each teams high handicap player will play each other net match play
- Team will compete for the low team net
Definitions: Net match play – A hole-by-hole match in which strokes are assigned to the higher handicap player.
- Strokes are assigned using the USGA course rating.
Low team net – Determined by adding team’s two gross scores together and subtracting both players’ handicaps.
- Matches will be played according to the USGA Rules of Golf, except where local rules apply.
- Players must finish each hole in a match. By not completing a hole a player could still win his match but his team would be disqualified from the low team net.
- Player’s of the opposing team are allowed to concede putts to their opponents based on the USGA Rules of Golf applying to a match play format.
- Players may improve their lie in the fairway of the hole being played. One grip length no closer to the hole.
Contests: Each week there will be a specific contest for all league members. The contest will be posted in the golf shop each week. There is no fee to enter. A weekly shins game will also be available. It is $2.00 to enter and there will be a payout for gross and net skins.
Champions: The league champions will be the team with the highest point total at the end of the 19 – week league schedule. In the event of a tie the team that won the head to head match during the year will be the winner.
Prizes: Golf shop gift certificates will be handed out at the year-end banquet.
Banquet: A steak cookout for all league participants will be held after play on the final week of the league.